Intensive Therapeutics is a 501 (c) (3), non-profit, charitable organization that provides group and individual, occupational therapy services to children with special needs.
The organization was established in 2005 to address the needs of families who wanted individualized services by licensed professionals in a non-medical environment.
What makes us unique, we. . .
- are a community-based program. Not a hospital or large therapy clinic.
- provide individual and group therapy services.
- use a family centered approach.
- provide individualized and goal oriented treatment; no cookie cutter approaches.
- create a fun experience where kids can achieve their maximum potential.
- utilize peer models.
- emphasize the intensity of therapy.
- have a small and experienced staff.
- participate in research studies with local universities to promote best practices.
- have received national and local recognition for our unique approaches and results.
Intensive therapy services are based on utilizing various types of therapeutic practice opportunities for several hours per day, over short periods of time. In doing so, successful practice opportunities, can lead to modification or acquisition of skilled movements and behaviors beyond a person’s present capabilities.
- Individual evaluations and treatment:
- occupational therapy
- speech therapy
- physical therapy
- Helping Hands: For children diagnosed with cerebral palsy and upper extremity hemiplegia.
- Individual Intensity Program: One month constraint-induced movement therapy program (On-site housing options available at the West Caldwell location).
- Leaps and Bounds: For children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and demonstrating other sensory-motor issues.
- Community-Based Sports & Recreation Programs:
- Peer-mentor programs for children to learn the sport, team and social skills to play:
- Teen Night
- Bike Riding: for children to learn how to ride a 2-wheeler.
- School Related Programs:
- Ready, Set, WRITE: A hand-writing group program for pre-schoolers, Kindergartners, and first graders.
- Say & Play Together: A speech and occupational therapy group for:
- Early Intervention: 0-3
- Pre-K: 3-4
- Kindergarten Readiness: 4-5+
Please contact Intensive Therapeutics for more information about:
- Sliding scale fees
- Dates and times
- The American Occupational Therapy Association
To create and provide comprehensive evidence-based, therapy services to children with special needs with and/or within their own community. Intensive Therapeutics is focused on understanding each child and integrating the services and experiences needed to maximize the child’s potential all under one roof.
Intensive Therapeutics is dedicated to becoming the premier, cost-effective, evidence-based, innovative provider of intensive therapy services meeting the needs of ALL children with special needs in unison with the family and community.
Intensive Therapeutics, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Intensive Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.